<a href=”http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14678901/?claim=pnmd74v9uav”>Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>
Yay!! I’m back with another Teaser Tuesdays!
This time, I’m currently reading The Young Elites by Marie Lu! I have heard so much about how amazing this series was and if you didn’t already know I had a major book hangover with Marie’s debut series: Legend! I’m so excited to start her latest series The Young Elites, which follows the story of a young girl who had fallen ill in a nationwide epidemic. When she recovers, her life is no longer the same and she is forced to live with society’s oppressive thoughts and words. However, soon she discovers she has a super power and she is one of them- a Young Elite.
Anyway, I’m currently loving this book! Have you read it before? To be honest, I was slightly skeptical to start this book. To me, it sounded like your typical young-adult dystopian- a girl discovers she has supernatural powers, she’s “special” and along her journey she falls in love. However, I read a few chapter and was captivated with this story! I asked around and I’ve heard many good opinions- maybe, I was wrong! I’m really enjoying it so far! Thank god I borrowed Rose Society as well because I think I’ll be binge reading this series!
” In the midst of darkness and panic, something moves in the sky. And just like that, the black clouds twist- they scatter into a swarm of a million moving flecks that swirl across the sky and then dive down, down, down at the crowd,”
– Marie Lu, The Young Elites
I hope you enjoyed this mini Teaser Tuesdays! What are you currently reading? Recommend some of your current reads down below:
Also, I plan on starting some discussion posts! What do you guys think?
I am so sorry for not posting in such a long time, I have been away and so busy but I have finally found some time to sit down and write this blog post. It feels so good to finally write a new post. Since its the end of year, I decided it would be a great idea to write the top 5 books I have read this year!
To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han
This is by far one of the most fun books I have read this year. It was quirky, relatable, funny and has lots of drama, which is the perfect recipe for a contemporary! I can’t believe I didn’t get to this earlier because I honestly missed out on so much. If you haven’t gotten around to this novel yet, I suggest you drop everything and head out to the bookstore today! 🙂
All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
A touching novel that made me shed a river a tears, All The Bright Places was definitely a highlight. I love novels that make me cry because it is just amazing to see how one book can make such a big impact! All The Bright Places was thought provoking and just made me stop a realise the backstories and hidden emotions of the people we pass by everyday.
Ruby Circle by Richelle Mead
This was a given because Dimitri and Rose…who can’t forget one of the best couples in YA fiction! 🙂 Nevertheless, I have always loved the series and it was sad to see it finally come to a close but the ending sure was satisfying and I am so glad that it didn’t disappoint.
Every Last Breathe by Jennifer L. Armentrout
This was a major novel of my 2015 reading adventure because Jennifer L. Armentrout has always been one of my favorite authors! So to find out one of my favourite series by hers was ending was exciting yet heartbreaking. #teamroth for the win! I loved the finale and upon finishing the book a wave of happiness came!
Frostfire by Amanda Hocking
Surprisingly, this novel blew me away! I was craving for an original fantasy with a good romance and storyline and finally I stumbled across this series. I fell in love with the characters and the world. The final book, which came out this year was one of my favorites!
That’s all for my favorite books this year. I will definitely be posting as the holidays start to slowly approach :)! Who else is excited for Christmas? Presents! Presents! Presents! And that also means hot chocolates, peppermints and books! I will definitely be posting up a TBR list soon for Christmas! What was your favorite book that you read this year?
Now that the holidays are approaching, I know we will all be watching lots of youtube videos to get into that Christmas Spirit and holiday joy. I love this youtube channel run by my good friend, Ellie. It has books, fashion and everything you will ever love. I will link it here! So don’t forget to check it out!
Everyone has something to confess and I thought it would be a good idea to share with you five of confessions about my reading adventure. I am sure everyone has a reading confession, I would love to hear about your confessions, so tell me in the comments below! Here are my five reading confessions (Shhhh!) 🙂
I started reading The Maze Runner but I couldn’t get past the second book. It was really boring and I didn’t have the spark to finish the series.
I have not read Twilight either. I guess it’s because I started have a strong passion for reading after the Twilight hype started to die down. I have also heard fairly bad reviews for this series and therefore haven’t read it.
I read the last page and epilogue of the Mockingjay after I finished the first book, The Hunger Games. I pretty much spoilt the whole series and even when (SPOILER ALERT) Peeta lost his memory I knew that Katniss and him would still be okay in the end.
I have accidentally soiled a book by putting it in my swimming bag. I accidently wet the library copy of Paper Towns and I freaked out. I tried my best to get it back to the normal shape and luckily the novel looked as good as new.
I am not the biggest fan of Harry Potter (Please don’t kill me, Harry Potter Fans). I think it’s because it took ages to get to the action, which is why Goblet of Fire is my favorite novel. Harry Potter books start off with the school and Harry Potter going to school. It is not until the end of the book, til they have Voldemort and Harry Potter battling.
These were my five reading confessions! What are yours??
Hey❤ I just want to say thank you so much for one hundred followers, it means the world to me. I decided to another To Be Read list. I still haven’t finished all the books on the previous one but I decided to write another one because I have a lot on my list. The following books are books that have been waiting on my list for quite a while. They are not written in order.
1. My Life Next Door: By- Huntley Fitzpatrick My Life Next Door is a Young-Adult Romance story which I have heard a lot of buzz about. It’s about a girl named, Samantha Reed, and next door lies a family that Samantha longs to be in. Then one evening, Jase, the boy who lives next door climbs over to see her and they both fall madly in love. Jase introduces her to his family but Samantha keeps her family secret. Suddenly, her whole world is torn in two.
2. The Second and Third Books in The Darkest Minds Trilogy: By- Alexandra Bracken
The next book series I have on my list is Never Fade and In The Afterlight, which are the second and third books in The Darkest Minds Trilogy. I read the first book but I still need the last two books. The Darkest Minds, is a series following a girl named Ruby who has a special power and in the first book we follow her, Liam and a few others onto a journey to fight back against the government. It is written beautifully and hopefully, I can get my hands on the next two books.
3. I Was Here: By- Gayle Forman
This is the latest Gayle Forman book which came out on the 29th of January. It is a stand-alone contemporary novel about best friends, Cody and Meg. One day, Meg commits suicide and Cody is thrown into a world a drama. Cody packs Megs belongings and finds fragments about her life she never told him. Then he finds an encrypted computer file and when figures out a way to open the file he discovers Meg’s death isn’t what it seems like.
4. Maybe Someday: By- Colleen Hoover Colleen Hoover is known for her famous romance novels and Maybe Someday seemed like a great read. It is about a girl named, Sydney who believes she has a perfect life, except one day she discovers her boyfriend, Hunter is cheating on her. After that encounter, she is left wondering what to do next. She meets Ridge, her neighbour, and she is mesmerised by the music he plays everyday. Ridge is also mesmerised by her. The story follows their love story.
5. Everyday: By- David Leviathan This book has been around for quite a while and I have been eyeing for quite some time, as well. It’s about a guy named, A and everyday he is in a different body and everyday he lives a different lover. However, he always loves this one girl. This book is about his romance.
6. 13 Reasons Why: By- Jay Asher This book is a very popular Young-Adult Contemporary. It is about Clay and one day he returns home to find a box with his name on it. He finds out that inside the box are 13 recording tapes from Hannah, who is his classmate and crush but recently, committed suicide. On each of the tapes there is one reason for why Hannah committed suicide and Jay is one of the reasons.
7. I’ll Give You The Sun: By- Jandy Nelson This is a new novel that is another contemporary. It is about a pair of twins, Noah and Jude. When they are thirteen, Noah falls in love with the boy next door and outgoing Jude does the talking for Noah. Three years later, they are both barely speaking. This novel goes through the touching story of the twins.
8. Since You’ve Been Gone: By- Morgan Matson I love the cover for this book and I love the storyline. It’s about two friends, Emily and Sloane. Sloane is the crazy one and makes Emily step out of her comfort zone, without her Emily wouldn’t be who she is today. Then one summer Sloane mysteriously disappears and Emily is left with a bucket list of things Sloane wants her to do. She makes it her goal to finish all the things on the list by the end of summer and with help from Frank Porter she sets out to finish the list.
9. Precious Stone Trilogy: By- Kersten Gier (Translator: Anthea Bell) This book is also really popular but you may know it as Ruby Red. It was originally German but was then translated by Anthea Bell to English. It seems like a really good book. I do not know much about it but I do know it is about time travel and is set in historical and contemporary London.
10. A Thousand Pieces of You: By- Claudia Gray This book is sooooo pretty. The cover is amazing, if you haven’t seen it go search it up because it is truly amazing. It is part of a series called Firebird. It is about Marguerite and her parents created a portal to jump into parallel universes. The invention is called Firebird. Her father is suddenly murdered and Marguerite discovers he was killed by Paul, her parents assistant, but Paul jumps into the portal to escape from the law. Marguerite jumps in after Paul and the chase continues and their life slowly twists together.
That is my updated To Be Read List. I hope you enjoyed it! Thank you!