This is the final post for the 3 Days, 3 Quotes series! Today’s quote is from the To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before duo-logy by Jenny Han!
“When someone’s been gone a long time, at first you save up all the things you want to tell them. You try to keep track of everything in your head. But it’s like trying to hold on to a fistful of sand: all the little bits slip out of your hands, and then you’re just clutching air and grit.”
Like yesterday’s quote, I really like this quote because of how true it is and how beautifully written it is. I love these two books and may have a review for the the two books soon!
So, I am back for a second post for 3 Days, 3 Quotes and today for my quote of the day, my quote will be:
“Sometimes day and night reverse. Sometimes up goes down and down goes up, and love turns into hate, and the things you counted on get washed out from under your feet, leaving you pedaling in the air. Sometimes people stop loving you. And that’s the kind of darkness that never gets fixed, no matter how many moons rise again, filling the sky with a weak approximation of light.” ~ Lauren Oliver
I really like this quote because it is so true. Even though, it is really dark it has a lot of depth and it is really true representation of life. Lauren Oliver’s writing is truly beautiful and genuine, which is why I love her quotes so much. This one is from her new novel, Vanishing Girls, which I recently read and love! I highly recommend it.
Once again, I was away this weekend and I didn’t have any internet, so, I am terribly sorry for not posting. Today I have a mini tag post called 3 Days, 3 Quotes, which is where I post three different quotes on three consecutive days! I also have to tag three other bloggers every day and thank the person who tagged me.
Comment below your favorite quote at the moment:
I would like to give a big thank you to Coffee Books Love for nominating me!!! She has a great blog and I highly recommend checking it out! She has a bunch of posts which everyone will relate and love!
Today for the first day-my quote of the day is by the one and only Will Herondale (Cassandra Clare):
“There’s plenty of sense in nonsense sometimes, if you just wish to look for it,”
I love this quote because sometimes being a bit crazy and making use of the little things is the only way to get through life!
This is another Liebster Award and I was nominated by Analee from Book Snacks. She is one of the nicest bloggers and I highly recommend her blog. She posts book reviews and other fun book stuff. Go check her out! This Liebster Award is a bit different to the normal one. I’ll be answering 11 questions, sharing 11 facts and I’ll be nominating and writing 11 even questions for 11 other bloggers! For this award I nominate anyone who want to do this award.
What is your favourite book-to-film adaptation OR what is a book/series you would like to see as a movie? I loved The Fault In Our Stars because I think it really stayed true the book and I loved Vampire Academy! I think if you loved the Vampire Academy series you would love the movie but if you haven’t read it the movie won’t be as appealing.
If you could jump into any bookish world, where would it be? Why? This is a really hard question because I think about it all the time but every time I have a different answer. Lately, I have been thinking about the Shadowhunter-world and I think that it would be a great bookish world to jump into. Who wouldn’t want to be a Shadowhunter?:)
Who is your favourite author and why? (You can name more than one if you want.) I don’t really have a specific favorite author but I love Jennifer L. Armentrout books, so i guess you could say she is my favorite. I love her storylines as they are cheesy yet action-filled and witty. Cassandra Clare is also high up on my list of favorite authors as I love any of the Shadowhunter Chronicle novels, which were one of the first Young-Adult novels which I have read.
What is your most prized book? I like to think that all of my books are prized possessions but one of my most special novels on my bookshelf is definitely Percy Jackson and The Greek Gods. The cover is so beautifully designed and it’s hardback. It is no surprise that it is one of my most prized books.
What character from a book would you like to meet, and why?
This is a really hard question… but if I could meet a character I think meeting Daemon (Lux Saga) would be amazing but I would love to meet Patch (Hush Hush Saga) and Will (The Infernal Devices). If I ever got to meet them I would probably faint! 🙂
What is/are your favourite quote(s)? I actually have a post about this here! But I am planning on writing an updated one of these posts because I love quotes. My all time favorite quotes are: ” There is plenty of sense in nonsense sometimes, if you wish to look for it, ” ~Cassandra Clare “Thomas Edison’s last words were, “It’s very beautiful over there,” I don’t know where there is but I believe it’s somewhere and I hope it’s beautiful” ~ John Green
What quality do you appreciate in a character? Persistence, loyalty, courage and confidence. I believe these are really important qualities in life and I love it when characters are so brave, persistent and confidence. For example, Rose(Vampire Academy) who I really look up to is so brave no matter what even if her loved ones are evil, she would do whatever she can to save them.
What are three books you can’t live without? This is another tricky questions because I love so many books but I think three books I couldn’t live without are Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare, Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout and Mark of Athena by Rick Riodan.
What places would you like to visit and why? I think I have answered a question like this before but I would love to backpack around Europe. This has always been my dream. I want to backpack with someone all around Europe without a particular destination, to just wander the streets of London, swim in the seas of Greece and eat authentic Italian food.
Who is someone you consider a hero? There are many young-adult heroines who I consider as a hero. Tris Prior (Divergent) is someone I really look up to because of her selflessness. I want to be as loyal as she is to her family and friends. Rose Hathaway (Vampire Academy) is someone I have considered a series since I’ve read the series because I love how feminine yet strong she is. She isn’t a really unfeminine heroine but she is still capable of so many things. Annabeth Chase (Percy Jackson) is someone I have always respected since I read the series when I was really young.
What do you think are your best qualities? Ummmm 🙂 I think one of my best qualities is my positivity and kindness. I have grown up in an era where teenagers are really submerged in positive things (tumblr and youtube) and I have always tried to make light of dark situations. I always want to help people because I think a small smile can light someone’s day so I always try to be happy because it really rubs off on people.
My Eleven Questions:
1) What is a novel you recommend to people who are not into young-adult novels?
2) Who is an evil character you somehow love?
3) What is a novel you thought you would hate but ended up loving?
4) What is an overhyped novel you do not like?
5) If you could live the life of a character for a day, who would you chose?
6) What is your favorite contemporary novel?
7) What is your most anticipated novel of 2015?
8) Do you prefer bookstores or libraries?
9) What are you currently reading and what do you plan on reading next?
10) What is an object you need by your side when you are reading?
That’s all for this award and as I said before I nominate anyone who wants to do this award! Thank you!
In this post I’ll be showing you three simple DIYs, to “fandomfy” your room and phone, so your book-loving personality shows more! This is my first ever DIY post and I hope you enjoy! All the materials in these DIYs are really cheap and easy to find! So the first one is an Phone case DIY!
DIY Favorite Quote Phone Case So this tutorial is a really simple phone case that looks cute and personal and as you can see the one above is the one I made. I love it so much because its so easy to make and you can give it to your friends as a present. They spice up your normal boring phone case! What You’ll Need:
1. Colored Sharpies- I used a Silver and Gold Sharpie as they contrast well against the black case
2. Phone Case- I used an Iphone5 black case, which I already had
3. Your Favorite Quote
4. Washi Tape
1. So first, find a copy of your favorite quote from your favorite book. In my case, I used the quote, “My big books bring all the boys to the yard and I’m like: No, shut up, I’m trying to read,”. You can use any quote, if you want you can even draw a fandom symbol, such as Runes, The Mockingjay Symbol or The Deathly Hallows Sign.
2. Then you grab your Washi-Tape and then tape underneath the camera line and then another line of tape at the bottom of the case. This way you can create a cute border and boundary for your quote or drawing.
3. Then you write your quote or drawing in the space created by the washi tape:
4. Then you let it dry for at least ten minutes.
They are so easy to make and they turn out cute and personalized.
DIY Rune Bunting!
So this DIY is a room decor one, where it is a bunting filled with runes. You don’t have to use runes, you can also put your favorite books on the flags or you can spell out the name of your favorite character. They are also really simple to make and they make your room really book-themed. What You’ll Need:
1. Colored Paper- The quantity depends on the amount of flags you need but I had seven flags which meant I used 4 pieces of paper, as you make two flags on one piece of paper.
2. Twine or String.
4. Color pencils, markers, Sharpies or photos of your favorite books.
1. So cut each of your papers in half and create identical triangle on the half pages, suiting your style but you must create a little flap at the end (see photo below). The height of mine was 7 and a half inches and the base was 5 and three quarter inches. It was an isosceles triangle. I made 7 flags but you can make as many as you can. Once you make one you can use that as a tracing shape for the rest of your flags.
This is the template of one of the flags on the bunting.
2. Then draw your runes on the flags. I drew one rune on each flag but you can draw fandom symbols, photos of your favorite books or quotes. It’s all up to you.
3. Then set your flags aside and cut out about 2m of twine. Lay the twine out in a straight line.
4. Then place the flags on top of the string like shown:
4. Then fold the flap back on the string and stick it down with tape.
5. Hang it up wherever you desire. I put mine in front of my quotes board.
They are really easy and you can hang them up anywhere!
DIY Magazine Quotes
So this next DIY is practically free and they are easy but can be time consuming. They are a great addition to your room. I wake up to my quotes everyday and they really inspire me. They act as little reminders and you can put as many quotes as you want in your room. You can make it prettier by adding glitter around it or decorating it with fairy lights. What You’ll Need:
1. Find a copy of your favorite quotes and count out the number of letters in your quote. I had 22 letters in mine.
2. So tear out pages of your magazine and then using those pages cut out rectangles, that are 8cm x 9cm. If you had 22 letters then cut out 22 rectangles.
3. Then sketch out in bubble letters each letter in your favorite quote on each rectangle. Then cut it all out and lay the letters out in order on the floor.
4. Then using blu-tack stick up your quote on your wall and Voila! your easy DIY Magazine Quote is up!
You can put any quote from any of your favorite books. My quote is from Looking for Alaska by John Green.
Those were the three easy, fun and cheap DIYs I have. I hope you liked them! Comment below your favorite ones and tell me how they turned out! Stay tuned for more DIY Fandom projects!
This quote is just one of my many favorite quotes. I love quotes because they can be so inspiring and they tend to make a mark in my heart. It’s amazing how many I have memorised. In my spare time, I love to just search up quotes because of how touching and inspiring some are. My three favorite books /series with some of my favorite quotes are The Infernal Devices (by Cassandra Clare), Looking for Alaska (by John Green) and Delirium Series* (by Lauren Oliver). So, I’m gonna show you my three favorite quotes from three inspiring and touching books/series!
The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare
If you guys didn’t know already, this is one of my favorite book series ever. I love the character development, the love triangle and the way it is set in a different era. Coming into this book, I thought I wouldn’t like it because of the era it was set in (London Victorian Era) but after reading I came to understand love and family a lot more. Three Favorite Quotes:
1) “Sometimes, when I have to do something I don’t want to do, I pretend I am character from a book. Its easier to know what they would do,”
I love this quote so much because it is really relatable and in a sense, inspiring. Whenever, I find myself in a position where I am pushed to my limits I imagine that I am in the mind of one of my favorite character and think of what they would do if they were in my position and by doing that it tends to past the time or push me to do better
2) “He wanted to make her laugh, he wanted to sit and listen to her talk about books until his ears fell off, but all these were things he could not want and wanting what you could not have lead to misery and madness”
This broke my heart when Will said this but what really hits me is the end phrase where he states, “Wanting what you could not have lead to misery and madness,”. It never really occur to me that wanting something you could never have could lead to misery, but after a lot of contemplation it makes a lot of sense. Dwelling on things you can’t have is no use, so get over it but in Will’s case it was completely different and he got what he wanted. Will and Tessa’s relationship really inspired me to find someone who would sacrifice as much as Will did for Tessa and love the same things as I do, like Will and Tessa’s love for books.
3) “It is better to know the truth and painful as it is, it is better than being lied to. It is better than going on loving someone who cannot love me back. Better than wasting all that feeling.”
I really like this quote because of the meaning behind it. It is better to know the truth and even though it can be painful it is better than being lied to and knowing the truth is better than loving someone who doesn’t love them back so that they don’t need to waste all their feelings.
Looking For Alaska
I read this book about a month ago and I fell in love with the witty lines and the true inspiring quotes. I loved Alaska’s story and her personality. I liked the way the used The Labyrinth as an analogy for life because a maze is exactly like life- you take to wrong turns and you spend your whole life wondering how you’ll get out of this maze and where you will be when you do get out of it. Three Favorite Quotes:
1) “Thomas Edison’s last words were, “It’s very beautiful over there,” I don’t know where there is but I believe it’s somewhere and I hope it’s beautiful”
This quote kind of sheds light to the future. A place where somewhere after we die is far away and beautiful, we will never be able to find out about it but at least we can hope it’s somewhere and that it is beautiful- a place we won’t regret going to.
2)”You spend your whole life stuck in the labyrinth, thinking about how you’ll escape it one day and how awesome it will be and imagining that future keeps you going, but you never do it. You just use the future to escape the present”
I love this quote because of the reality behind it. It’s so true we spend so much time trying to predict our perfect future, dreaming about it and planning it but in the end that goes to waste because it will never be the same as what you thought of. We think of perfect futures to just escape the present- to give us hope. Kind of similar to a book, we use books to escape our lives into other lives.
3)”Maybe there’s something you’re afraid to say, something you’re afraid to love or somewhere you’re afraid to go. It’s gonna hurt. It’s gonna hurt because it matters.”
I kind of live by this quote- it pulls me through a lot of things. I love it a lot because like the previous quote there is a lot of reality in it that many of us are scared of admitting, in a sense. It reminds me of the saying,”Everything happens for a reason.” You may be blocked by a hurdle (For example something you are afraid of) but it is only put in your way to hurt you or to scare you because in the future it will matter and shape you to become a better person. That’s why whenever I am set back by a challenge or I am sad, I always remind myself that it will all matter in the future and that I will change to become someone better.
Delirium may not be something inspirational as a whole, but some of the quotes in there are definitely inspiring. Lena is a fairly strong character who overcomes a lot of challenges and loses through the book but she always manages to bounce right back up to keep going. Three Favorite Quotes:
1) “You can build walls all the way to the sky and I will find a way to fly above them. You can try to pin me down with a hundred thousand arms, but I will find a way to resist,”
I love this quote a lot, it gives me a lot of courage. When someone is hurting me or demeaning me or if I am faced by a challenge I repeat this quote in my head and I try to retaliate. It’s really inspiring to me and it’s funny how often I remind myself of it.
2) “Love, the deadliest of all deadly things. It kills you both when you have it and when you don’t”
This quote is so true- when you have love you tend to dwell on it and it gives you more to be scared about, like:if they actually love you, but it can also be deadly because everyone needs love- it gives a sort of barrier or protection net for someone.
3) “He who leaps to the sky may fall it’s true but he may also fly,”
Like the first delirium quote it is very inspiring- you must risk things and take chances because in the end you may “fly”. You have setbacks and failures but there is a chance of having a success. It also a quote I tend to remind myself of, especially when I am frustrated that I can’t do something.
Quotes are one of my favorite parts about a book, they shape you, change you and inspire you to become the person you are today. Like one of my favorite quote from The Infernal Devices, “Words have the power to change us,” and they really do. They change me so much. Now, instead of breaking down and crying in hard situations I try to be brave and remind myself that, “It hurt because it matters,” In my opinion, I think I’ve become a more brave, daring and positive person and it’s all thanks to the quotes in my books.
I highly recommend the books mentioned in this post- for all you know you may be changed and inspired. Share your favorite quotes in the comments: